Still can't find what you're looking for? Search our website!
What is Belonging
What is belonging and what does it mean to belong or not belong? The word can be ambiguous and means different things to different people, depending on their outlook on life, social status and history. Here is a collection of how the term, Belonging, can be defined from different perspectives.
1. Belonging is knowing who you are, through trials and struggles, that you will be familiar with yourself and can understand the reasons for your uniqueness.
2. Belonging is not only about being accepted into a circle, but earning that place. Not just a member, but a leader.
3. To belong, you must first know what you want.
4. It is possible to belong in an environment in which you are rejected because belonging is about how you see the environment, not how the environment sees you.
5. Being true to yourself and being who you want to be is the perfect definition of belonging. Being accepted into a group that you do not want is not belonging.